<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Friday, July 27, 2007

My Indian Idol Picks

I have my picks from the Indian Idol: Amit Paul and Emon Chatterjee strictly in that order.

Emon is a cutie. His innocence and naughtiness reflects in his voice, which to some extent resembles Sonu Nigam's voice. His geeky gawky looks makes him more appealing. Emon sings really well. And he definitely has a good range of vocals. The 'Mitwa' song or 'Is pyaar ko main' really rocked. This guy can be a top 3 contender for Indian Idol.

But...Lekin Kintu Parantu Bandhu..(ala Udit Narayan)

Hats Off to Amit Paul. That dude is a terrific singer and can make it big not only in Indian Idol but also in Bollywood. From 'Jhoom jhoom jhoomru' to 'O Tum kya jaano' to 'Pehla nasha', he has done it all. Amit rocks. He has a voice of his own and that is his USP. He has a good command over pronounciation and the tune. Also, he can sing in 14 languages. Talented! I think he truly deserves to be an Idol.

My last top 3 contender is Abhishek Kumar. Abhishek is a good singer though he gets carried away.

Prashant, Ankita, and Meiyang lack the vocal training. I think they cannot sing high pitched songs. Being energetic or a performer just doesn't work for me. It is Indian Idol and the focus should be singing. If you don't have the basics of singing what is the performance worth! Puja , Deepali, and Parleen are simply overrated.

Cheerios

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Blogger Arundhati Kane said...

I agree.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger pm said...

true!
amit and emon for me too

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Nova said...

My fav Ankita is out.. So, now I have nothing to do with Indian Idol.... :(

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home