<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Taking a Chill Pill

It seems like ages that I can relax at my own leisure. I feel exhausted and tired, yet I have fresh enthusiasm infused in me. I was so waiting for this moment. The moment my midterms got over on Friday, I felt like a free birdie and that my time was my sky though only for a couple of weeks before I resume the incessant daunting routine. It isn't that I am cribbing, everything comes with a price. This is just graduate school. I am enjoying a little bit more of my "same-old-grad-student" life though boring and nonhappening. I don't miss earning big bucks in some job while I crave for that kind of grad-life which seemed so monotonous at times. Believe me I have tons of friends who want their school life back! I am enjoying every fraction of a moment being a student and I shall continue my exaltation for two more years.....hopefully.

==
Every 'desi' friend these days asks me whether I am following the Champions trophy aka Mini World Cup currently held in India. Yuck! I have had it with being an ardent fan of cricket team. They have developed a habit of disappointing millions and millions of zealot fans. Whether we replace Sourav Ganguly with Rahul Dravid or Sachin Tendulkar with XYZ, no good can come of it. The MIB won't stop displaying pitiable performances especially on home ground. Who cares which team will win this cup or that trophy?

On the sports front, thank god the Buckeyes are playing well. The college football season will see its one of the most challenging 'Do or Die' matches - OSU vs. Michigan in mid November. I would not be surprised if this will end up being a clash for title.

==
Bollywood movies are getting worse day after day. I don't know why Farhan Akhtar remade Don. As tabloids put it, "Recreating the Magic of DON". What the heck? The earlier version was a Superhit movie in its time and made every character a legend. The new DON killed the magic, the entire essence of DON. All actors are unfit for their roles. What can be worse than seeing Kareena Kapoor (who has two left feet, and barely any sex appeal) stepping into the shoes of dancing queen Helen? How can we see Arjun Rampal as Jasjeet, originally portrayed by Pran? I don't even want to talk about SRK, Priyanka, Ompuri, and Boman Irani enacting their roles. Technology is all that you have got in this movie. Audience are used to seeing slick action in Hollywood movies, give us something original. Pray my friends, pray that SRK would stop remaking all Amitabh Bachchan hits. I really liked the tongue-in-cheek comment by the rediff reviewers, "If this is what you have got Farhan, dude lets go back to Three guys picnicking in Goa".

As for Jaaneman, it appears like a "boring-to-death" and hammering Broadway Hindi musical. So very predictable and cliche. It was utterly butterly boring. Duh! No matter how many shimmering stars you put in the movies, it doesn't always shine!

==
Hail the weather god in Ohio and he help us. Its an unendurable windy, rainy, chilly weather out here.

Enough of my rants. Blah blah blah, whatever. Time to take a chill pill. Time for a cozy comfy nap. Ye!!!!!!


Cheerios

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kya yaar... ab jaaneman kaise dekhoonga... waise when u feel philosophical like this... be free to call me (at ur expense) Sue :P... Chillax... these thoughts never lead u anywhere...

and hey dont Orkut... coz u need to come out of ur blanket for that in this chilly weather... :)

Dont mind my rubbish... no need to approave it... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home