<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A pinch of Inspiration!

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of Cancer. From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why Does God have to select you for such a bad disease?" To this Arthur Ashe replied: The world over - 5 crore children start playing tennis, 50 lakh learn to play tennis, 5 lakh learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 make it to the semis, 2 to the final, and one fulfills his dream. When I was holding the cup I never asked God "Why me?". Albeit in pain today, I should not be asking God "Why me?".

Happiness keeps you Sweet, Trials keep you Strong, Sorrow keeps you Human, Failure keeps you Humble, Success keeps you glowing, and God keeps you going......!

We all get such forwards and they are forgotten and ignored even sooner than we've read them. When I saw this forward in my email, I said to myself, 'I know it is so, but do I believe in it enough to value it?'. Reading these lines reminds me of the beautiful life we all live despite some obstacles named hardships, but there is some eternal positive force that is the source of inspiration for us. Some name it God and some Optimism. To me they are synonyms, which mean some vital force that backs me up everytime i hit hard, some inspiration that keeps me going!

Cheerios

3 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

arthur ashe had aids and not cancer

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Trevor Penn said...

I heard the Arthur Ashe story a long time back... Very inspirational...

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@Anon: Thanks. I just copy pasted the forward. But whatever the disease he had, it was definitely deadly. Plus here its not the disease that is important. The inspiration I got and felt matters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home