<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving or Fun !!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Until I came to the US of A , I did not even know that some festival like this exists in some other parts of the world. And as I dig deeper to unearth how this whole festival started...the turkey feasts and savory pumpkin pies.. enticing you to forget about the calorie conscience..I get off-track. Yeah, thats true. Its been three years now that my roommates and other desi friends designate a 'shopping-spree' origin to Thanksgiving. Sujata...checkout the deals here..amazing...wonderful...it is so cheap..why don't they give it for free... Three years have passed and my ears have been hearing the same sentences. And ofcourse, I do listen and go on a 'pocket-emptying' spree. After all I am a patient listener, ardent follower, and reckless spender!! This year too I got some good deals. Not huge stuff, some small regular needs. A memory enchancer card for my camera....think twice sujata..thats your regular need !!!! Well, everybody has some kind of spendthrift conscience, to run away from it, I name my wants as my needs. Good job..I tell myself. Lolz. Went on a shopping spree in the morning and had a wonderful thanksgiving feast at my advisor's place. Despite not eating the turkey, I still enjoyed the veggie delicacies and a great 'mango-cake' as the desert. Wow..I really enjoyed today.

Thanksgiving. The deep-rooted tradition during thanksgiving is that before savoring the feast, people mention some thing(s) for which they have been thankful for either in the past year or their entire life. No..not like F.R.I.E.N.D.S !! Lolz. There are innumerable things to thank for in the past and present. But specially this year I thank for a wonderful 'snowy' thanksgiving. This was my first snow !!! And I really loved it !!!! What a beauty...and ofcourse cold !! :D:D

Here are some of my snow pics:
















Snow daubed foothpaths !!



And I feel like Snow White..:D

Adieu and Cheerios.

7 Comments:

At 7:28 PM, Blogger Enjoy Life!! said...

Nothing like the joy of shopping :D

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Bhumi said...

Its more of a shop-till-ya-drop time for me :P All the deals are so tempting!! :)

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Nishit said...

hmm.. so black friday has worked quite good for you :)

@Enjoy Life : Look who's talking about shopping??

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Nag said...

am visiting ur blog thrhu ur orkut entry. good that u had fun. first time snow was exciting for too....but after it snowed 20inches....i think my enthu took a back seat. enjoy ur weekend.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger 2lrbl said...

Liked the first photograph of "Snow daubed foothpaths". Reminded me of my days at utah state.

Well have fun, and shop around and make sure you wake up at 3:30 am in the morning on a snowy night and have a look outside. The view is almost divine. :).

Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger crackfire said...

look whose above me cool fire !!!
yea we in india know bout the thanksgiving and all from the sitcoms only so it must be really exciting to be actually celebrating one
happy thanksgiving !!

 
At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

U walk daily through these Icecreams ????? :O

I would rather prefer the blanket :)

Learnt something of the concept of Thanksgiving from "The 70s Show" - absolutely hilarious

 

Post a Comment

<< Home