<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Monday, October 10, 2005

Top Ten Lies Told By Graduate Students

10. It doesn't bother me at all that my college roommate is making $80,000 a year on Wall Street.

9. I'd be delighted to proofread your book/chapter/article.

8. My work has a lot of practical importance.

7. I would never date an undergraduate.

6. Your latest article was so inspiring.

5. I turned down a lot of great job offers to come here for study.

4. I just have one more book to read and then I'll start writing.

3.The department is giving me so much support.

2. My job prospects look really good.

1. No really. I'll be out of here in only two more years.


Ever told any of these? As a graduate student you must have told atleast one of these lies..common accept it...whats the big deal.....Even I have.........errrr... Galti Se Mishtake Ho Gaya.

Cheerios

7 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Enjoy Life!! said...

phd is gonna give you lot of oppurtunity to come up with more of these :P

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Mysorean said...

Sujata,

First time around here. Nice post! :)

Keep writing!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Ketaki said...

You forgot - "I have the best advisor, he really cares for me!"
Hope you are having fun, and in your case you really do have the best, enjoy!
-Ketaki

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@Enjoy Life: I am sure...:P
@Adi: Thanks...:)
@Ketaki: Should I put it at No. 1...lolz

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Jay said...

hey hey hey - u got that off my desk at the office!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger dragon ballz said...

reading them is just like .. remembering some sentence of some friend or some part of my speech (shameless confession)..we use them without thinking that even other person is not going to believe them..anyways good collection and good ranking also...

 
At 1:12 AM, Blogger Nishit said...

seems very true and directly related to phdcomics :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home