<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Friday, October 07, 2005

Go Bucks !!!

Its the Buckeye Madness !! Yes, I am a Buckeye now. No..no..don't get me wrong. Its not my new name. :D From a University of Houston - Cougar, now I am a OSU - Buckeye.

AS says, we should be always proud of our alma matter, and ditto.. I am proud to be a alumni of MSU (baroda) and UH. Albeit the feeling of belonging to a big ten like OSU is different and exciting. KK keeps teasing...kya re ab tu big ten mein..bade log. I modestly deny replying, 'kuch bhi'. But honestly, the heart skips a beat on hearing it. Childish, truely. I had applied to OSU for Masters, din't make it in '03. Now I can say, I m a Buckeye.

Its really a different world out here than Univesity of Houston. If you are not a OSU football fan, you are really missing out on something. The thrill, the excitement of each football game fans from every possible OSU student. I have been to these football games twice in UH though, watched superbowl too, but the knowlege of the game was NIL. I used to cheer my team without understanding what is happening around. Who calls on-the-field-chaos a game? Those were some early acquaintances with American and College football. I came with a zehphyr knowlege about the game. Yeah, I was into Cricket, Tennis, and Basketball all the time. Now, I can enthusiastically follow it. :D Thanks to RS, whom I ask each and every WHY question...:D RS also told me that OSU has the second largest college football stadium. Wow....

OSU football is a Bigggggggggggg deal here. I still remember 3 weeks ago we had a game with Texas Longhorns. Man...it seemed like a 'World Cup Final Match'. The game was in the evening. Me and my roommates were out shopping groceries in the morning..some 10:00ish. Heavy trafific, road blocks, loud music, sale of OSU T-shirts and game props...and so on. Wow..the roads were jam-packed. Initially I was thinking..c'mmon ppl what the big deal? But shocking enough for myself, the football fever was getting on me. Suddenly, I wanted to buy the roadside OSU stuff. The eyes could only get a glimpse of students adorned with OSU clothes and stuff. Every single person was carrying a paper fan which had a picture of the quarterback....the captain per se. Whoa.....its madness here. Though we lost the game, I watched it till the end. New experience. Thrilling....I cannot find a better way to describe it.

Waiting for the OSU Vs Michigan game. Its like INDIA Vs PAKISTAN. The attitude is 'Who cares for the cup, we have to win this match - Do or Die !!' I would have loved to go to this game, but its in Michigan, so next time I will make sure to get the season tickets. :D

Thinking.....

I am still not into the Baseball...NY Yanks or Red Sox..who cares. I still like cricket. Why would I like a we-want-a-different-version game. Cricket is still cricket and I do support my team despite all the downs and lows. (We haven't won a triangular cup final since 2001...X-(...that really irates me.) But my sincere requests to the Indian team, please get done with "Coach or Captain Mania". :D

Anyways...have a gr8 weekend folks.

Cheerios

5 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Bhumi said...

Hmm...a hardcore OSU fan already :) yeah..i felt the craziness for these games when visited T A&M Aggies. Exactly same as u mentioned here...all wearing same t-shirts etc. to support their team.
After watching it many times on TV, i still donno the rules of the game :p

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Hemal Modi said...

(Caveat: prime example of "shameless attempt to draw traffic to one's own blog" ahead)

Ever witnessed Football at TAMU ?

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Enjoy Life!! said...

shu vaat che... bukka :P

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@Bhumi: Don't worry I will teach you..:))
@Hemal Modi: OSU se fursat mile to naa.. :P
@Enjoy Life: Haa Baka :P

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger Vaibhav Choudhary said...

ooo that was crazy ...

:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home