<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Columbus Diaries Begin.....

Aeons and aeons of unplanned break from blogosphere finally comes to a finito. Gosh...i don't even remember when I wrote something last time. Back to the world of blogging. Reporting straight from the heart of Ohio, Columbus.

Intially this city seemed really small as compared to Houston. Houston is huge..vast...enormous....and Columbus is nice, small, cozy. Nevertheless, it is the 15th largest city in US. As for myself, I feel homely here. And why not, my roommates here are the very people I stayed in Houston. Monali and Manjiri are two wonderful roomates one can have. Life with them is fun and comfy. Not to mention....we all miss Deepti here. We all have moved into a nice new town house. Wow...people..it rocks. No kidding. And the icing on the cake...is my own room. :D Yet to get a bed, but enjoying my room, my house, my stay with some really nice people.

But...guess what. No internet !! Gosh..thats really is getting on my nerves. Ya ya...we have internet and router and blah blah the damn router settings. After a whole ordeal of confrontation with the customer care, the guys finally said your new lappie's internal wireless card is screwed. Get a 25 feet long cable. Shucks !!! And that reminds me that I forgot to mention about my new laptop. Really spent a whole day just to configure it according to my convenience. Call it crazy and unnecessary...but believe me...I am Crazy. :D:D.

My transition from Houston to Columbus has been really long and slow and demanding patience. Finally there. And all worth it !! Although still missing houston, afterall you cannot forget your first shelter in the US of A.

The Ohio State University has a gargantuan campus. Every momment your eyes would get a glimpse of students walking or running to catch the shuttle buses..they are called CABS here. And with your school id, you can travel free on any of the city buses too...wow. Thats really nice. But the nicer part is that our house is near to the department. Really, the 8:00 am walk to those early morning lectures is the best part of the day. :) Of course, the weather is wonderful these days...cut to october end and winter sets in. God knows what will I do then in the snow walk...:D

"Columbus columbus ..chutti hai aayi..o yeah" . Well, I may have to reconsider the lyrics here..the first quarter of PhD had begun and it is as gruelling as it can be. :)

Oops....time to read class assignments. :D
Cheerios

8 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger Enjoy Life!! said...

We all believe you.... you are CRAZY!!!! :P

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Bhumi said...

welcome back to blogging :) nice to know u r all set there..enjoyy!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Vaibhav Choudhary said...

So great to see you back again !!!

Well last blog you wrote on Aug 29 and this one on Oct4 :D :D

Keep enjoying there.

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Nishit said...

welcome back :D God bless you and your internet ;-)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Kuldip Patel said...

hmmm welcome back. Do u have pics of d new place? Kripaya yahoo.photos ka sadupyog karein.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger crackfire said...

cool to see the doc. back

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Hemal Modi said...

Since you began reporting, I would grab this opportunity today to send lots of LOVE 'to my heart'...
ehh... ooh... don’t get me wrong baby, I just meant 'to Columbus' :P

Anyway, glad to know you don’t have any regrets on leaving Houston, but when you mention ‘icing on the cake’ – let me remind you that it is unfair to have your cake at eat it too.

Further it’s a little too early to say "Finally there. And all worth it" – wait till the winter kicks in. :P

The Ohio State University has a gargantuan campus...
Wow... that's awe-inspiring, as I never knew they needed to provide a gargantuan campus to accommodate the orangutans. :D



Now my comments on comments:

I thought she was a compounder who compounded peer problems using commercial carbon compounds!

And yeah, show the pics of the new house to Cool-deep, but I would prefer to see your pics, maybe even some close-ups like we have of the cutie pie Bhumi above ;)

In the end, best of luck to pile higher and deeper. :D

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@Enjoy Life: I take it as compliment :P
@Bhumi and Crackfire: Sure and u too..:)
@Nishit: Even I hope so. :D
@Cooldeep: Coming shortly...:))
@Hemal Modi: Sure..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home