<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Free Birdie Now

Yuhuuuuuuuuuuu.....finally submitted my thesis today. Done. Finito. Over. Actually submitted the copies for binding, but now I am totally done with it. Already feeling lazy and light. Could not be more happy for myself...lolz.

Nostalgia revisited. It gives a strange feeling to remember that coupla years ago in the August of '03 I landed in the US of A with nothing at all, accept memories from back home. How unaware and naive I was...how blank I was..!! Life seemed nascent. Took some two months to get completely setteled. From coupla months to coupla years, it has been such a fascinating journey. Got wonderful, helping, and caring roommates. Made a coupla friends who are now for eternity..I know...in bollywood style..i know DIL SE. :)

Life in US has taught me much more than even I could ever guess. The pros and cons of living in a country which is not yours but there are courteous people all around ready to make you a part of this country with enthusiasm. Everyday in the beginning seemed to teach something...how to live in this country. Starting from learning different terminologies i was not knowing.."to go"/"for here"...to leaving voice mails (which I still am not comfy with)...to calling customer services here and there. Small things even seemed a new learning. US has expurgated my inability to take decisions. Yea..being a piscean I always struggled with it. Had to take some big decisions all by myself and did it all with confidence and style. Some mistakes here and there and then again back on the track. To explain the gist of it...I have learnt to live alone away from pampering parents and some trustworthy friends. Feels really good to be independent though away from what I enjoyed for more than two decades...lolz..Did u guess my age now..naa..don't ever try it..:P

In short...Life means "Inevitable Changes" and much more..for good for worse..for all.

Cheerios

12 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Enjoy Life!! said...

how abt a course from you :
Life @ USA 1001 :P

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Bhumi said...

Congratulations and Celebrations to you too !! :)

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Anil said...

y dont u come up with a book on ur experiences in US... guess what would be the name of the book... Terra Incognita America by Shine... :p

Surely one will rediscover himself/herself in a new land away from home... tatz cent percent true.

PS: Enough data provided to calculate age :p

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@Enjoy Life and Anil: Not at all bad ideas...actually US is all about marketing yourself..:P
@Christopher and Tony: Thanks

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Ketaki said...

Hey Sujata! Congratulations!
So when exactly will you be leaving for Ohio now?
Don't know why, but I'm excited for you!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@Ket: August 30th..m flying to Columbus. :)

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger the shiva said...

hey me to landed in the US on aug 3...:)..but a yr before u...sheesh makes me feel real old...

congrats on getting where u wanted to go...the road lies ahead...the journey has just begun...take a deep breath and start off!

all the best for everythin in ure life...!!

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Tony Sebastian said...

hiiiiiiiiiii....so how did u end up in the US of A??gre or somethin?? neways hv fun enjoy ur life...n SHINE bright!!!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

Thanks Shiva :)

@Noty Tony: I gave GRE to come to US. :)

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Nishit said...

badhiya hai sujata jee... aage ke life ke liye all the best!!!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Sujoo said...

Thanks Nishit and Good luck to you too. :)

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Sreeram R Warrier said...

Congratulations ma'am...
Now atleast ,i hav a chance to meet u online again ;)

Gud!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home