<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Usual Day Random Thoughts

Never had any enthusiasm about opening e-pages and keeping an eye on 'Whats happening in India' !! But I guess its been three days, I regularly have been browsing all possible news sites and following on the floods in Gujarat. Heavy rains have been lashing the city for a week now and my hometown is cut from the rest of India. Ninety-five percent of the city is in floods. No electricity and no phone calls. Gosh !! Haven't been able to talk to mumma and its been a week now. Such a strong urge...I feel like a kid again. Mumma....I am missing you. Yeah, Pa and TJ told me that you are fine...but I miss hearing your dulcet scoldings. :D

Here are couple of contradictory thoughts I came across several days ago :- "Never deprive someone of hope, it might be the only thing that they have" and "Hope is a good companion but a poor guide". Do we get thoughts in a combo ?? Can we have a balance of both ?? I mean, we cannot just distribute hope as a freebie, and create a fake mileu for somebody, if that ain't gonna happen. Sometimes for that matter we ourself think that ohhh we should be optimistic and do fool ourselves. Whatever happens....happens for good. Take it that way. The best and the hardest thing I guess is to strike a balance between 'Being optimistic, having hope, knowing the pragmatic reality, and doing what should be done". It seems like a recipe, everytime a different taste, but prepared in a same way by the same person.

Apart from that...once again today was a movie weekend. Saw Batman and The longest yard. Did my work and regular chores. Guess I did accomplish everything today..yeaa.

Btw....I also met Neo and Morpheus yesterday !! Hell Ya..Saw Matrix !!!

Wanna just say to myself now : "Free your mind, know thyself !!"..:P and please stop thinking :)).

Cheerios

7 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Nishit said...

you know what... I had come here to say something, but it may have been irrelevant had you not written this article. :-) Anyways, was just here to say that hopefully you were able to contact your mom by now and hope everything is fine way back at your home..

So, finally you got hold of matrix eh? good 4 u.. now that you've seen both STAR WARS and The Matrix you know PSPO very well, don't you? ;-)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Vaibhav Choudhary said...

Yep, again the old story here, over flood somewhere like in Gujrat and somewhere like in delhi no water anywhere.

Well weather is cool all way , but so early monsoon is not a good sign at all :-(

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Enjoy Life!! said...

From The Shawshank Redemption:

Morgan Freeman: Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

Tim Robbins: [in letter to Freeman] Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Take your pick :)

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Hemal Modi said...

I hope you hear from your mother (and her melodious scolding) at the earliest :)

There is a reason for everything that happens around... we can only hope to understand it before it is too late -

Time to quote Matrix Reloded

Neo: Why don't you tell me what's on your mind, Councillor?
Councillor Harmann: There is so much in this world that I do not understand. See that machine? It has something to do with recycling our water supply. I have absolutely no idea how it works. But I do understand the reason for it to work. I have absolutely no idea how you are able to do some of the things you do, but I believe there's a reason for that as well. I only hope we understand that reason before it's too late.

or the best one -
The Architect: Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest weakness.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger crackfire said...

i don't i am not that philosophical nor do i remember ne film quotes
but i will say this kepp hope n everything will be fine

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger the shiva said...

yup...hope is a dangerous thing...

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@All: Valuable comments !!

Also, hope never dies..right ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home