<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Quest Continues.................

Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computers and Pixar Animation Studios says, "You've got to find what you Love !!"

A true-to-life, didactic, inspiring, extremely helpful, and a wonderful experience shared by Steve, takes you on a roller coaster ride through all the phases of his life and narrates how he went on to become such a successful person despite all hurdles the most important one being 'dropping out of the school". I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The article can be found : HERE

Amazing but true. We like to do what we love. And it is worth giving a thought, what we like to do...rather what we love !! Its like an undending quest. Our passion for certain thing(s) remains unveiled most of the times or keeps changing. And sometimes we are scared to venture out to pursue that. Be it your work, daily chores, or relationships, or for that matter consider anything that you do. We are so very stuck in our routine lives, that we almost forget that we have likes and dislikes. Right from our birth, people make us stroll through the path which has been since long paved for everyone of us - the general-for-all path. What if we do not wish to tread on that? Are we allowed? Or do we like the general path? Worth a question. To exemplify, I can relate an incidence from my own life. I took a very serious decision of pursuing Pharmacy as a career without being really aware of its prospects. In that pursuit of mine, I supported ME, and that was exteremely vital. Despite many hurdles, despite scorns, despite letting down the expectations of the kiths and kins, I ventured out in the darkness of a path called Pharmacy. I had a belief and a conviction, but what I had most was my love for it. So far..so good. Or I can almost sing the McDonald's jingle here - "I'm loving it !!".

It is a trivial but an important aspect of our life. Our love for something. Our passion for something. It keeps our flames of Life ablazed. For stagnation, my friend, causes vexation. Keep moving. Passion can be for anything. YOU have to decide or unveil it. Small things in life can give you pleasure. You just have to embark upon this journey. They say "You cannot discover new lands, unless you lose the sight of the shore". This is the very "general-lead-to-be-tread" shore. Our life is in our hands after all, how we live it makes a difference !!

"You've got to find what you love !!"

Cheerios

7 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Enjoy Life!! said...

Really nice article :). and inspring thoughts from your personal exp too. Way to go !!

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger vj said...

Very few are fortunate enuf to choose what they love to do as their profession..but none the less there has to be some motivation to do what u want to do..well it could be passion or money..

pragmatic would be the perfect balance between passion and money

but yeah..i coudnt imagine myself working on my profession more than 45 hours a week without passion involved..well these hours are important ..technically if u look at life as a clock..45 hours a week is more than any amount of time one spends with any individual in his/her life..so i guess its better that everyone has to choose what they like..

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@Vj: Yes, definitely. Agreed. See, when we talk about pragmatism, the making-choice phenomenon takes place and sometimes we are forced to take a decision. I just gave a small example. Our love or passion for something, might be for trifle things as I said. But doing them gives us pleasure. Like eating chocolate amidst heavy load of work, makes my druggery a bit less boring. I enjoy that moment. Small things can make big differences !!

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger Vaibhav Choudhary said...

Hats off !!!

Great article. Its all about to give shape to our creativtity.Actually what we love, most of the time looking Fictitious for others, but our passion force us to "make it".
Frankly speaking, if people did what they love, then there are not only 20-30 branches which most of us apt for learning.. its more beyond than that.

I love to go in the field of image processing but future thinking of the domain force me to change my dreams. Still somewhere in the core of heart but loses its shine with time.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger crackfire said...

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger prOfeXor said...

hi ya .... nice one. wat ever it is ... love is not wat u alwayz get. I have tried to get into the field and into life i loved ... but couldnt get into one. its too hard for ppl to go into wat they want bcoz the life over here in subcontinent iz more tough then any where else. have to stick to things which the present life iz takin us to.

nice article by the way.

prOfeXor

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger gaurav said...

Yup very nice speech. Esp. when he says Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick but don't loose faith.

It takes a lot of courage to do what you believe in, because not many are lucky to have the right situations.

Living life as if every day is a new birth and every night you are going to die is a nice intellectual concept, dunno how once can put it into practice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home