<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Does it Happen to You ???

Ever been inquisitve about petty things? Ughh..this "inquisitiveness" kills me. Once I am curious about something, I leave all my work, and keep podering, finding, searching...add all the verbs + ing. I just can't keep my hands off getting to the core of the matter. Its like satiating my inquisitveness. I become hell bent on knowing what I don't know. Today also, for a minor reason, I spent the whole morning....doing nothing. Trying to modify the HTML code. No no...guys..I am a Pharmacist not a s/w person. But, I have done a crash course in few languages. HTML too. Wayyyy back though. Thats why, more inquisitivenes. Not my fault..Internet is there to help us. Searched and searched and more search till I realized that my thesis needs my utmost priority. Lolz. :D Does it happen to you or is it just me?

I say, the phrase as of today is, "Google It!!". No kidding. A helluva chunk of money these days is spent in "search-engine" research. Archie had briefed me once on that and also told that Amazon has a search engine too. Another friend had told that there are search engines to search blogging sites, can u beat that?

Btw, here is one more "Haiku" - a short Japanese verse, expressing feelings.
"Large Round Persona
Is A Masquerading Shadow
Smothering The Self"

Interesting, ain't it ?!!

Cheerios

10 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Enjoy Life!! said...

Google thik se karo to bhagwaan bhi milte hai :P

To really search well, use google to its best. how!! --> http://www.google.com/help/features.html

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger prOfeXor said...

curiosity kills a cat.... try to have patience ..... dont get too much excited ... and the link provide by the enjoy life iz the thing u need to know wen u google ......

just know wat u want to search, and know wat field iz it related to ... wat is the important point u lookin for ...etc

just have patience ....

and chilll

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Vaibhav Choudhary said...

yep, curosity is a sign of progress, and hence we say the human race is better than any other(hope so).

Also thanx to puneet, me too not a good searcher on net.

50 percent of the software work is done by google itself :p

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger vj said...

I spent some time trying to get the meaning of the haiku..

interesting one..

but what does "Large Round Persona" indicate ?

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@Pu: Thanx..that will sure help.

@Profexor: Ya...thats what we lack in here..Patience...or atleast I do, thats why curiosity kills me.

@V:Me too..not a good searcher. Welcome aboard..and Pu is there to help us :D:P

@VJ: Large round persona signifies our own complex set of behavioural characteristics. Persona is outer circle. Hence what we do...not from the inner circle from the heart..can be said persona. It is the way as ppl see us. We may be different from within.

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger gaurav said...

Also try the following to get source codes

koders.com

 
At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I dont know if this still works, but you can give it a try with the hope that it does:
Type "weapons of mass destruction" in google and then click "I'm feeling lucky" tab.

Also for knowing the different search sites, do one thing:
Click Start
Click Search
Change Preference
Change Internet Search Behavior
and you get to see quite a lot of search engines. Explore them and you will find them interesting. Some other day I will take you through classification of various search engines like meta search engines. You can also google them and find out for yourself. Hope this acts as a starter to your knowledge-hunger.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Sujoo said...

Thanks Gaurav and Sue.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Nishit said...

I do agree with you.. you know what day before yesterday I spent two hours to set my bibliograph in particular style in LaTeX... huh...!!! hota hai, hota hai.. such things in life are worth doing sometimes.. atleast I feel so... :)

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Pranav said...

Yeah yeah.. I know!
c++ class going on. Three girls sitting in front of me. One of them takes out 'something' to eat and all happily munch the thing. Curiosity and inquisitiveness over-power my senses.. after a while I bend forward and ..

"Excuse me"
"Yes?" - not a welcome yes
"You have something to eat?"
"Yes" .. "So" - hostile enough to scare the Jehadis in Kashmir too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home