<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Better Late Than Never...

Okie..I agree that I avoided seeing movies with wierd looking ppl, ppl from far away galaxies, ppl who just have "dhasu" gagets, and movies which are all about mere display of the latest technology. I literally avoid seeing such movies even now. But when I used to talk to ppl, that I haven't seen any of the STAR WARS movie series, they gave me a "Arey Yeh PSPO nahi jaanti !!" or "U have wasted ur life till now !!" look. It din't bother me. But dunno, downloaded STAR WARS III: Revenge of the Sith yesterday and had a strong urge to see. Waise bhi Guds was watching swordfish. Again a nice movie, but already seen it thrice. So took my lappie in the bedroom and had my first tryst with Star Wars.

Really, the movie was spell binding. Not that weird as I thought. And guess what surpised me...the movie had some meaningful emotions and teaching. Yes, all attributed to Master Yoda.

Fell in love with his dialogues when Anakin Skywalker confronts him about his fears to lose Padme' when he had premonitions about her death. The dialogues are:

"Careful you must be Anakin when sensing the future. The fear of loss is a path to the dark side !! Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything that you fear to lose. The fear of loss clouds our judgement !!"

The way it has been said is simply amazing and so very true. Attachment to petty things can even change our behavior, actions, thoughts. Its dangerous. Its very important and equally difficult to train ourselves to let go of attachments.

I mean what became of Anakin is a pathetic thing and all because of his premotions and attachment. The Jedi knight turned into a Sith lord..Darth Vader. Anakin had so much to lose..not only he lost his wife and kids, but his honor, and the very goodness in him. What made me think is...what had Darth Vader to lose...Nothing really, right? Also, what motivation did Anakin have, to stay away from the dark side .. ??? Just the responsibility of being a "morally good perosn" ?? Yes, that why emotional attachements are bad..they are just too much to handle in the materialistic world. Attachments for that matter..consider to any thing...Even giving up one's way of life..a particular behavior is by far difficult than people think. It truely clouds our judgements.

Anyways, I just enjoyed the movie..and now I am eager to see the remaining ones.

Atleast now I can say..."I am not different than you.." :P:P..Juz..kidding.

Err...no I am yet to see, my first Matrix movie..so I guess I am back on the trail. =))

Cheerios

13 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Enjoy Life!! said...

You will get a chance to see Matrix too May the force be with you :P

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

U are pushing me towards the dark side..to watch a movie :P:P

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Derek said...

Derek Chronicles was here !

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger crackfire said...

kya tumne abbtak star a=wars nahi dekhi thee aur ab tak matrix dekhni baki hai
jaldi dekh lo star wars dekh kar ekpost ki hai matrix dekhne ke baad 1 mahine tak post karti rahogi

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Vaibhav Choudhary said...

ooo , looks that you are going thro. a period of movie analysis.
Well what we call dhasu movie, actually have a lesson in it.
Like, see the starwar-2, it really depicts that, the most weak part in human is that, they are dependent on each other, and hence can't work so greatly w.r.t Robots or in tht human clones with modified brain.

All matrix series, simply a geeta updhas. :p

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger prOfeXor said...

well its you who got the moral from a single dialogue of the movie but many people dont get the idea what is going on around. The thing is that they hide some moral in the story but the fantasy is way more then the moral, so people like me dont get what is being said.
The emotions are very dangerous, fear of losing some on important is much more then failing in a project. i have experienced it, try to hold on things that in the end didnt meant anything. well ofcourse they meant for me but not for others. each and every single day you try to get involved into things that either you love or you hate, but that is the part of life and doesnt matter much, but somethings do leave an impact. so when ever you say " started liking it", or "i love it" do think that it may or may not be with you alwayz.
And dont you ever get into the movies with high emotions, just watch and dispose. dont stick into things which you cant handle.

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dayaa ... haven't seen matrix yet .. !! now u have really wasted ur till now :-P .. watch it asap and write it here as soon as u have done it ..

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Nishit said...

so finally got hold of Star Wars eh? It's my favourite trilogy ever. yes, I rate it ahead of LOTR too. and I can't stop commenting wherever anything related to STAR WARS comes in :-) IMHO, the original trilogy was way better than new one.

Very right about Yoda thing. and as you liked his lessons, you should watch Episode 5 : Empire Strikes Back. It's quite full of philosophy and knowledge where in Master Yoda teaches lessons to Luke Skywalker (son of Anakin) . ofc it would be great to see all episodes in the row.

Like them you will. Enjoy!!!

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Nishit said...

as I read all the comments now can't refrain myself from commenting about The Matrix :-). Although it didn't rock as trilogy Matrix-I is best movie of all-time, IMHO. breathtaking visuals with thorough spirituality and philosophy. Do watch it...

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@All: Yeah guys...soon will watch the Matrix. :) And really eager to watch the other star war episodes too. :)

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Pradeep said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Pradeep said...

Its injustice to put Matrix in the same pot as Star wars....Matrix is way ahead mathematically, philosophically and even technologically. star wars is kiddin..

I havnt watched star wars and have no intentions of doing that as well...also im not afraid of being different as well, coz I can count movies whose names these not so different souls havnt heard probably....and if u want to have a start where the whole movie is a teaching, start with Dead Poet's Society.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@Pradeep: With all respect, its not a question of being different here..its like let me see what is there kinda. I was till now..not interested. But got Star Wars III from the net..so who cares..I have it and I will watch it attitude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home