<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Monday, June 06, 2005

Amazing

Dulcet is the feeling of hearing people talk about their experiences in life that eventually instigated them to get involved with some volunteering work. Work that they are proud to do. Work that they want to do. Yes, thats what volunteering means. It cannot be forced. Yesterday at the Pratham volunteer appreciation dinner, I listened to quite a few such people. It felt amazing to know how a girl who is just in her 9th grade and who got interested in working for Pratham from her visit to a slum area in India. She is now collecting books for the kids in that very slum area. Chandra, an IT engineer from chennai was also there to join us for the dinner. She gave an entrancing speech as to what the people went through after the Tsunami hit Souther India. Heartfelt it was hearing her speak about the work that she does now to help the poor kids to get back to school.

As for me, volunteering comes naturally to me as my mind is overruled by my heart most of the times. Emotions reign. I know thats bad mostly but I still cannot help it. Inpart the voluteerism has been inherited to me from my Pa, the urge to gratify my ownself and get associated with some fruitful noble cause that might help make a difference in some human life. I believe education is a need in India. People lack the desire and the fundamentals to think. Think to make a better future and ofcourse a better Indian society, which would start accepting views openly and respect every individual's identity as it is. India is fighting Illiteracy. And once I thought that, I was involved with Pratham, the organization that raises money to teach poor kids in India. Thanks to Deepti, who already was a volunteer, I also got my chance to do some work that I always wanted to.

Saturday was lazy and hectic at the same time. Sunday was actually funday. Made pav bhaji. I don't know why I had this sudden craving for it since long. Gave it a shot today. Invited Pu and Bri. The best part was the German Chocolate cake that Puneet got. Chatted a lot while enjoying it. Wonderful is the word. And I still could not hold on to my sweet teeth-aches. Savoured cheese cake too. Wow...awesome end to a pleasant week. God bless me the next week.

And ppl..my newly configured plus customized plus organized lappie looks amazing..can't stop playing with it. Pu..u have made it a toy for me..:D:P

No water here tomorrow...whole day. Sob Sob :(( Also, have to give a SAS demo and lecture to the FYgrads. Thats how my Mondayz gonna be. Thankfully ...no data collection tomorrow. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Cheerios

9 Comments:

At 4:32 AM, Blogger Vaibhav Choudhary said...

Ya, very true listening others will solve more than 50 percent problem itself.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Sujoo said...

It feels good bcoz U know..that there are some people willing to put in their efforts for a good cause. And they do have the resources here in US. Donno abt the Indian front.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Enjoy Life!! said...

Sujata's SAS Demo: Abstract

Kal ki hone waali bahu ko aaj kal aur parso ki sas ko kaise manage karna chahiye. This talk is all about the tips and tricks to have full control on ur sas and probably pati too:P. The demo will involve a few video clips which will inspire you to take on these creatures known as "sas" and rule them

Wah wah sujataji :P

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Nishit said...

LOLz @ Pu

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@PU: Gone Case :P

And after such a demo...I will be gone for ever..=))

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Naveen said...

well..
i got a chance to do volunteering twice.
althou i was rugged at the end.. i did fell satisfied and happy.
it happened when we were taken to village wher tsunami had occured.

nice blog.
hope it will inspire many more to do the generous deed.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fans are missing their daily dose of Sujata. *That* busy ha?
Ketaki

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Sujoo said...

@Prematura: Well I kind of agree. Again its not good or bad deed. It about ur own self. We want to feel good and for that we volunteer. Again somebody else if being benefited is good in itself.

@Ket: Ahem..Ahem...I should then take "Fan-Handling" lessons from You ket. :P

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Ketaki said...

you're mean :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home