<bgsound src="http://www.geocities.com/j_suju/fm_smith-Red_Guitar.mpp" loop=infinite>

Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Terminal - A heart felt movie !!

It has been quite a while staying away from Blogging. Not had much to write. Past coupla days freaked out. Spent the two days with one of my closest frndz. Was away from the Yahoo Msgr for a long time. It was fun though.

What prompted me to blog today is the movie that I saw yesteday.

The Terminal - Tom Hanks and Catherine Zeta-Jones (Director - Steven Speilberg).

Awesome is the word !! The whole film is based upon a man whose country in some world ceases to exist because the goverment is toppled by the liberal rebels. The crack in the Visa rules force the person "Viktor Navorski" to stay at Gate 67 of JFK airport for an indefinite period of time. He has come with a strong determination to go to New York to accomplish his father's unfulfilled desire. And for that he is willing to wait..wait and wait. The whole 128 minutes of the movie are encaptivating. Tom hanks has done a wonderful job. Full points to the briliant actor. Cathy is likable. The brunette proved that she can act too.

It is indeed enchanting to see how that guy manages to stay at a single terminal of the airport. He does not have money, does not know English.....he only knows how to win hearts !! With destiny putting an unwanted challenge before him, he doesnot succumb to it. Infact, he wins over it. He manages to find his ways in different situations.

There is one sentence in the movie quoted by Tom - "Everybody waits for something." It really made me ponder. Is it true? If it is, then what am I waiting for? Viktor was waiting for his chance to fulfill his father's wish and then he waited to go back to his country his home. Yes, Life is a long wait. Some wait for Destiny, some wait for Success, some wait for Money, some wait for Love, and some for maybe nothing. I know that I do have a purpose in life and I do have desires. Perhaps each day I wait, my chance to make my desires come true. Perhaps I wait to get my own opportunity to fulfill the purpose of my life. Once purposes and desires terminate, newer ones arise. And again the wait continues. It is a beautiful thought and can be interpreted as the interpreter wants to. Definitely, there can be a broader outlook to it. But I still need to understand it better in order to comprehend it completely. Till then I will wait. I will wait to rediscover myself anew with each wait drawing to a close.

Cheerios

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Kapil said...

too similar to

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Kapil said...

deja vu.. too similar to what i had thought almost abt a month back.. feel as if my thoughts are being articulated by someone else... read my poem "Hypersonic Metamorphosis" on my blog. (kapzze.blogspot.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home